Please note that this document is an unofficial translation and was prepared for reference purpose only. The original release is in Japanese.
Arealink Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, the “Company”) understands that protecting the personal information of its customers and other related parties is an important task as the Company is in possession of personal information concerning the business activities related to various services it provides, and has established the following policy for handling personal information.
In addition, definitions of terms used in the policy are based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter, the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and relevant laws and ordinances.
1. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Ordinances, Guidelines and the Equivalent
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire personal information of its customers and other related parties through lawful and appropriate methods within the scope required for achieving the utilization purposes. Personal information the Company acquires refers to personal information provided by customers and other related parties, personal information acquired by the Company or personal information provided by third parties.
*Personal information provided by customers, etc. includes names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses and information regarding shipping addresses. However, the Company may request provision of more detailed personal information depending on the service used or details of respective transactions.
3. Utilization Purposes of Personal Information
The Company shall utilize the personal information of its customers and other related parties for the following operations and within the scope of utilization purposes, or within the scope of utilization purposes made clear by the situation in which acquisition is performed.
- Self-storage business (operations related to operation and management of rental storage spaces [indoor trunk rooms, outdoor containers and self-storage with land] and garages, operations related to design, construction, supervision and commissioned work on construction works, manufacturing and sales of containers and trunk rooms, etc.)
- Real estate sales and assets business (leased land business, parking lot business, operations related to real estate sales, leasing, brokerage, management and consulting, operations related to selling, leasing and management of parking equipment and other movable assets, etc.)
- Rental meeting room business (operations related to rental meeting rooms, etc.)
- Office business (operations related to rental offices, etc.)
- Any other operations incidental or related to the foregoing businesses or operations
- General administrative operations (including operations such as management and administration, planning, human resource affairs, general administration, financial affairs, accounting, public relations, legal affairs and labor service affairs of each of the foregoing businesses)
- To fulfill the Company’s obligations or exercise the Company’s rights in contracts concerning products or services in the Company’s business.
- To conduct operations of making reservations or submitting applications as well as concluding contracts for products or services in the Company’s business (including procedures for screening, etc. and other various responses.)
- To conduct operations related to payment settlement for products or services in the Company’s business (billing, refund, payment, etc. and related clerical work.)
- To conduct management or after-sale service as well as provide support for products or services in the Company’s business after concluding contracts.
- To conduct maintenance, preservation, repair or emergency response work on the Company’s facilities or facilities the Company manages.
- To conduct management of transactions or contracts or to create contacts concerning transactions or contracts.
- To improve the quality of products or services in the Company’s business or for planning or research and development of such.
- To offer guidance, provide or manage other products or services the Company handles.
*In the case a customer does not wish to receive information related to other products or services of the Company, they can contact the Company to have delivery of information suspended.
- To offer guidance, operate or manage various events, campaigns or prize giveaways related to the Company’s business or to provide various information.
- To conduct questionnaires or surveys, analyze customer segments, customer demands, etc. concerning products or services of the Company or to conduct other market research.
- For e-mail distribution services or to ship printed publications.
- To verify personal identification or to conduct credit checks.
- To improve the quality of call handling or other skills, to prevent problems or to respond to inquiries, requests for material or other requests, etc.
*The Company may provide information concerning products or services via e-mail, etc. after the customer provides the Company with his/her personal information.
- To secure safety within the Company’s facilities and within the facilities managed by the Company.
- To manage shareholders or to make appropriate contact with shareholders based on the Companies Act, etc. or to fulfill the Company’s obligations, etc.
- For human resource or labor service affairs, training or other employment management, welfare programs, or to make various responses incidental to these.
- To make various responses related to recruitment activities.
- To carry out other operations incidental or related to the foregoing items.
4. Management of Personal Information
The Company shall thoroughly perform the following in regard to management of personal information provided by its customers and other related parties.
- Ensure Accuracy of Personal Data
The Company shall strive to maintain personal data provided by its customers and other related parties accurately and keep it up to date within the scope required for achieving the utilization purposes, and shall delete the relevant personal data when its use is no longer necessary.
- Safety Management Measures
The Company shall separately establish company regulations for prevention of leakage, loss or damage of personal data and other appropriate management of personal data as well as take necessary and appropriate measures including striving to achieve thorough compliance with such regulations.
- Supervision of Employees
The Company shall keep every officer and employee who handles personal information thoroughly informed about appropriate handling of personal information while providing appropriate training as well as conduct necessary and appropriate supervision based on the company regulations of the Company.
- Supervision of Contractors
The Company shall select business partners who adopt appropriate safety management measures as contractors when entrusting the handling of personal data of its customers and other related parties to external companies as well as conduct necessary and appropriate supervision on the contractors.
5. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
The Company shall not provide personal information the Company acquires based on the foregoing 2. to third parties (excluding contractors or a party who succeeds the business due to merger or other reasons) without obtaining prior consent from its customers and other related parties, excluding cases approved by the Personal Information Protection Act or relevant laws and ordinances.
6. Provision of Personal Data to Contractors
The Company may provide personal data to contractors (business partners) when outsourcing some of its operations within the scope required for achieving the utilization purposes to conduct its operations in a smooth manner and to provide products or services to its customers. In such cases, the Company shall appropriately manage and supervise contractors including conclusion of contracts with contractors regarding handling of personal information.
7. Disclosure, etc. of Personal Data Held
- The Company shall respond to disclosure, etc. (notification of the utilization purposes, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure or suspension of provision to third parties) of personal data the Company holds in the case it receives a request concerning such from the person concerned based on a prescribed method, on the condition that the request is confirmed to have been submitted by the person concerned. The response shall be made within a rational time span and scope based on laws and ordinances as well as company regulations of the Company. For details on specific methods to submit a request for disclosure, etc., please submit an inquiry to the point of contact indicated below as we will offer guidance for respective cases.
＜Point of contact＞
- Service charge
A service charge prescribed by the Company may be required when requesting disclosure, etc. For details, please submit an inquiry to the point of contact mentioned above.
9. Contact Information for Inquires and Complaints concerning Handling of Personal Information
Please contact the following for inquiries concerning handling of personal information.
＜Point of contact for inquiries＞
Arealink Co., Ltd.
Established: March 20, 2005
Revised: January 20, 2020